From Project Censored
25. Israel Gave Birth Control to Ethiopian Immigrants Without Their Consent
In January Israel acknowledged that medical authorities have been giving Ethiopian immigrants long-term birth-control injections often without their knowledge or consent.
24. Widespread GMO Contamination: Did Monsanto Plant GMOs Before USDA Approval?
Monsanto introduced genetically modified alfalfa in a full two years before it was deregulated according to recently released evidence.
23. Transaction Tax Helps Civilize Wall Street and Lower the National Debt
In February United States senators Tom Harkin D-Iowa and Peter DeFazio D-Oregon introduced a bill to implement a new tax of three basis points that is three pennies for every hundred dollars on most nonconsumer stock trades.
22. Pennsylvania Law Gags Doctors to Protect Big Oil’s “Proprietary Secrets”
In communities affected by hydraulic fracturing or fracking people understand that this process of drilling for natural gases puts the environment and their health at risk.
21. Monsanto and India’s “Suicide Economy”
Monsanto has a long history of contamination and cover-up and in India another Monsanto cover-up is ongoing.
20. Israel Counted Minimum Calorie Needs in Gaza Blockade
Declassified documents reveal that the Israeli military calculated how many calories a typical Gazan would need to survive in order to determine how much food to supply the Gaza Strip during the blockade.
19. The Power of Peaceful Revolution in Iceland
After privatization of the national banking sector private bankers borrowed billions of dollars or ten times the size of Iceland s economy creating a huge economic bubble that doubled housing prices and made a small percentage of the population exceedingly wealthy.
18. Fracking Our Food Supply
The effects of hydraulic fracturing or fracking on food supply and the environment are slowly emerging.
17. The Creative Commons Celebrates Ten Years of Sharing and Cultural Creation
Creative Commons CC is celebrating ten years of helping writers artists technologists and other creators share their knowledge and creativity with the world.
16. Journalism Under Attack Around the Globe
Journalists are increasingly at risk of being killed or imprisoned for doing their jobs a situation that imperils press freedom.
15. Food Riots: The New Normal?
Reduced land productivity combined with elevated oil costs and population growth threaten a systemic global food crisis.
14. Wireless Technology a Looming Health Crisis
As a multitude of hazardous wireless technologies are deployed in homes schools and workplaces government officials and industry representatives continue to insist on their safety despite growing evidence to the contrary.
13. A Fifth of Americans Go Hungry
An August Gallup poll showed that percent of Americans lacked sufficient money for needed food at least once over the previous year.
12. The US Has Left Iraq with an Epidemic of Cancers and Birth Defects
High levels of lead mercury and depleted uranium are believed to be causing birth defects miscarriages and cancer for people living in the Iraqi cities of Basra and Fallujah.
11. Bush Blocked Iran Nuclear Deal
According to a former top Iranian negotiator Seyed Hossein Mousavian in Iran offered a deal to the United States France Germany and the United Kingdom that would have made it impossible for Iran to build nuclear weapons.